Using one of the short stories from “The Storyteller: Short Stories From Around the World” conduct online research about themes, concepts, topics, author, etc related to the story.
- Library Handout -Pathfinder and Digital Notetaker
- The Question Chart -use this to help you develop your higher order questions
- Sign In using your TDSB username/password –> record the email address in your student agenda
- Make a Copy (File > Make a Copy) for yourself; give it a NEW title
- Access the document from home using aw.tdsb.on.ca (login with your student number (username) and password)
Part 1: Keywords and Background Information
Use the New York Public Library to gather keywords related to the themes, ideas and motifs of the short story you selected.
Use the following resources to gather background information about your topic:
- Encyclopedia Britannica –> Link from Alphabetical List of Databases
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
Part 2: Related News and Current Events
Use the following resources to gather current news items related to the themes of the story you selected:
- Newspaper Source Plus -> Link from Alphabetical List of Databases