When doing academic research, you must ensure all websites you use are reliable.
What should you look for to make sure a website is reliable?
DAY 1 –Library Handout
Activity #1 : Would you use these websites? Why or why not?
Activity #3: With a partner, select TWO websites from the list below to evaluate.
- Which of the two websites is more reliable for research on Canadian history? Why or why not? Be specific and provide three reasons from the website evaluation table on your handout.
- The Canadian Encyclopedia
- Major Battles of WW2
- CBC Archives
- Canada at War
- List Verse
- Courage Remembered
- Juno Beach
DAY 2 – Library Handout (Definition & Keywords)
Activity #1: Using the skills from your first lesson in the library:
- Search the internet and locate TWO reliable websites that you would use for research on your assigned topic about Canada’s role in WW2
- Think of 3 reasons why you would recommend/use these sites -be specific and use the Website Evaluation Chart to help you.
- Share these two websites on your class’ Padlet (or Google Slides) by clicking below and adding the link. (Don’t forget to add your name and 3 reasons why you would recommend/use these sites). Passwords to be provided by teacher-librarian.
- Mr. Altwerger – D2 P2
- Ms. Antoniou –D1 P2 ; D1 P5 ; D2 P2 ; D2 P5
- Mr. Cheslo – D1 P3 ; D1 P4 ; D2 P1
- Mr. Hack – D2 P1
- Ms. Moro – D2 P4
- Mr. Pohani – D2 P4
- Mr. Risto – D2 P5 ; D1 P4 ; D1P5
- Ms. Vasavada –D1 P1
1. Select ONE classmate’s entry on the Class Slideshow and browse their recommended website.
2. Complete your Day 2 handout be answering the question: How might you use this site in your Canadian history class?