Grade 10 Art History
- Art History Sources
- Grade 10 Art History Assignment (Sakhavarz)
- Note-taking Handout – Art History Graphic Organizer 2011-2012
- Log of Sources – Art
- Presentation Skills – Storyboard
- Library Lessons 1 and 2 – Art History 2011-2012
TXJ20 COSMETOLOGY – COUGHLIN
History of Hairstyling Assignment
Use the UN/PWs in your agenda (p22) and click on List of Databases to find the ones below:
Step #1. Brainstorm search terms by creating a word web – use: hairstyling, hair + style, fashion, coiffure, trim to start (see the Merriam Webster entry for “hairstyle” and other thesauruses to help – click here).
Step #2. Research in the library databases below and take notes, making note of the sources you use.
- Britannica Online
- Edu-ref e-books:
- on left panel, click The Arts >> Fashion and Design
- Early America: A History of Fashion and Costume
- Colonial America: Costume and Fashion Source Books
- Elizabethan England: A History of Fashion & Costume
- Fashion of the Decade series (20s – 90s)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Search for:
- Fashion, Costume, and Culture: Clothing, Headwear, Body Decorations, and Footwear through the Ages. Sara Pendergast and Tom Pendergast, eds. Vol. 3: European Culture from the Renaissance to the Modern Era. Detroit: UXL, 2004. 1022 pp. 5 vols.
Step #3. Prepare your presentation using some of the strategies from the Green Guide (PW in agenda).
- Press Ctrl-F and search for “Persuasive” to find the Persuasive Presentations section on p59.
Step #4. Use Prezi to create a dynamic presentation.
- Use these presentation prezi tips
- Gather pre-cited images from our Image Quest photo database (UN/PW in agenda)
Step #5. When you have completed your prezi, fill out the form to submit to Ms. Coughlan – click here.
Pagnotta – History of Jazz – Jazz History Research1 Resources & Project Tips
Advanced Google Search Strategies: remember to try the 4 commands shown below to focus your search.
- “exact phrase”