The body is an amazing machine. You will be investigating an organ system and its interactions with other systems and the consequences of disease and malfunction on the body.
You will need to login to your TDSB Google Drive (this is accessible from home too!).
- Sign In using your TDSB username/password –> record the email address in your student agenda
- Captains: Make a Copy (File > Make a Copy) of the digital notetaker and pamplet template; give them a NEW title (Organ System – Names)
- Access the document from home using aw.tdsb.on.ca (login with your student number (username) and password).
- Assignment Page
- Digital Notetaker – Academic
- Digital Notetaker – Enriched
- Digital Notetaker – Mr. Persaud’s Class ONLY
- Pamphlet Template
- Slides Template – Mr. Persaud’s Class ONLY
Use the following databases to gather information on your topic:
(usernames and passwords on pg. 23-24 of the school agenda)
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Science Reference Centre *ENRICHED* must use a scientific journal (from this database (search for topic and select Academic Journals (left side of page))
Use other RELIABLE websites to gather information on your topic. Here are examples of some reliable websites (or ask a teacher-librarian if you need help finding a reliable website):
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
- University of Maryland Medical Centre
If you use a website (non-database), you must cite your sources! Use Citation Machine or Google Docs (on the add-on tab)!