ESLE Justice Project: Argumentative Research Essay Outline
Day 1: Understanding the Topic
Activity #1: Click on the following Wall Wisher for your course sectiong and describe what justice means to you in 1-2 sentences.
Activity #2: How fair is our justice system?
- Library Tasks Checklist
- ESLE Capital Punishment Overview Article from Canadian Points of View
- ESLE Notetaking Exemplar and Tips – on Overview – On Overview paragraph
- Group Activity: Capital Punishment Overview Graphic Organizer
- Independent: Overview Graphic Organizer for your Topic
For the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom Click here
Day 2: Understanding the Topic Continued & Pro/Con Organizer
- Group Activity: Pros and Cons worksheet – Graphic Organizer (apply to Point/Counterpoint articles)
- Point (PRO): Capital Punishment Article
- CounterPoint (CON): Capital Punishment Article
- Independent: Pros and Cons worksheet for your topic
Websites to assist with Keyword Development:
Day 3: Developing a Thesis & Find an Article from a Trusted Database
- Follow these instructions to create a copy of the library handout in your Google drive
► Library Handout – ESLE Capital Punishment (Pathfinder & Notetaker) – copy to Google Drive
Day 4: Create an Essay Outline with Supports
Click on the following:
Use the keywords in the list below to help you with your online database searching:
Note Taking & Essay Outline: Take research notes using the notetaker below. These notes will automatically save to your Google Drive.