ENG3U Summative 2015
This page is designed for Ms. Lue’s Gr. 11 English students preparing for their Summative (debate). Today in the library, we will introduce a range of note-taking strategies and digital tools to help keep research notes organized and purposefully arranged when gathering information.
PART 1: Note Taking
- ENG3U Lue – Day 1 handout – Note Taking Strategies
- Activate your TDSB Google Drive (right panel)
- and Consider using one of our generic Digital Notetakers here
Digital Note Taking Tools:
Keyword Development Resources:
Use the following websites below to assist you in gathering keywords as you begin Phase I: Explore Your Topic.
Things to keep in mind as you continue to work on your Summative:
Click on List of Databases on the right panel and look for the following resources (listed in alphabetical order).
Get context for your topic using:
- GALE Virtual Reference Library e-books
- Britannica Online
- Eduref (Infobase) e-books (comprehensive reference and specialty material for all topics
- GALE/TDSB Virtual Reference Library e-books
- Canadian Reference Centre
- Other EBSCO products (Canadian Points of View, Student Research Centre)