To write a well-constructed 700-800 word Analytic Literary Research Essay on Othello. In order to meet the assignment expectations you must complete the following steps. See assignment handout.
- Assignment Handout
- Library Handout – Othello Pathfinder & Digital Notetaker
- All usernames and passwords on p23 of Student Agenda or see Circulation Desk for a list.
PART A: Brainstorm good keywords before you search
- What is your topic and what synonyms might work? Use a thesaurus
- Use Keyword Development Handout
- For keywords (overall themes in the play) and summaries, check out the Masterplots entry from EBSCO’s Literary Reference Centre – click here.
PART B: Notetaking
- Be sure to record any resources you use on your Source Log (use easybib.com – use our most recent coupon code – to assist in tracking your sources)
- Check out the Green Guide pp.34-41 (2017 edition)
- Othello one page (What patterns or motifs – recurring images – can you find? Ctrl-F to search the play)
- Othello on bartleby
- BBC Othello
- Othello Plot Summary and brief analysis (Standard Deviants): funny, upbeat study of the play: